Labour has launched a series of reforms to deliver a workplace revolution for women.
The next Labour government will implement a step-change in how women are treated at work by:
- Creating a Workers’ Protection Agency to tackle the gender pay gap.
- Increasing Statutory Maternity Pay from 9 to 12 months.
- Giving workers the right to choose their working hours.
- Requiring large employers to introduce a menopause workplace policy.
- Tackling sexual harassment in the workplace.
- Enshrining the role of equalities representatives in law.
Dawn Butler, Labour’s Shadow Women and Equalities Secretary, said:
“Labour will deliver a workplace revolution to bring about a step-change in how women are treated at work. We’ll boost pay, increase flexibility, and strengthen protections against harassment and discrimination.”
We have been listening to your ideas on how the next Labour government can create real change. Sign up here to be the first to hear about our new manifesto: labour.org.uk/manifesto-2019/